Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Characters Revealed for Torchwood Series 4!


Michael Ausiello has the scoop on the new characters that will be seen on series 4 of Torchwood which will start filming early next year.

This is what Ausiello had to share:
Among the casting intel I’ve gathered on the new season (airing on my new favorite cable network, Starz), the show is out to cast a new series regular — Rex Matheson, a wickedly funny (operative word: wicked) CIA agent born to make waves. Almost as key to the new season are recurring characters Esther Katusi, a CIA grunt in her early 20s who learns what she’s really made of only when she’s forced to, and Oswald Jones, a convicted murderer and pedophile who will be as shocked as anyone to learn how easily infamy and fame can be exchanged for one another.
[Ausiello Files]

A CIA agent makes sense in this new international iteration of the show. What makes my ears prick a bit is the murderer / pedophile recurring character. I don't know what to make of that. From what Ausiello says, I almost get the feeling the character's meant to become a reluctant hero of some sort.

But any news is good news, it means the show is progressing at a steady pace!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that one, so chime in!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a bit out of date when it comes to Torchwood, so envolved I am with Doctor Who and Primeval... this new series is the one filmed in USA, right? If it is I have to be honest and say that I'm not excited about it. Torchwood is USA? Biggest bull...t I've ever seen. There's nothing more british than Torchwood (being created by Queen Victoria herself to protect the United Kingdom). Hopefully I'm wrong because I love Jack Harkness. And murderer/pedophile? They really know how to be disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's partly filmed in the USA but written by Russel T. Davies and executive produced by Julie Gardner so basically the same British team. The murderer/pedophile bit has me stumped as well. Weird choice of criminal and one that may not go down well . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. anything Torchwood by Julie and Russel, starring John AND on cable, will be worth watching, imo

    ReplyDelete