Saturday, May 15, 2010
Doctor Who 5.07 - Digital Spy Ten Teasers for Amy's Choice
Better late than never, eh? Normally we'd upload our Ten Teasers on a Monday but this week they've been quite heavily delayed because the episode in question - 'Amy's Choice' - has been undergoing a lot of last-minute tweaking.
It's also an extra-complicated task to provide any teasers this week without spoiling the whole episode, as you'll realise when you see it tonight. Anyway, without further ado...
1. The episode starts with a heavily pregnant Amy and a ponytailed-Rory pottering around their little cottage in a country village.
2. The TARDIS arrives, and The Doctor catches up with his two old friends. "You've swallowed a planet," The Doctor tells Amy.
3. The trio fall asleep on a bench then wake up in the TARDIS, which promptly loses power while on collision course with a star that's burning cold.
4. The mischievous Dream Lord appears on board and tells The Doctor that there are two worlds - one real, one false - and they must identify the real one or face deadly consequences. And therein is the setup for this episode. Cue much "flashing" between both worlds...
5. Fans of a now-defunct DAB station will be happy.
6. In the village scenario, Rory has become a proper doctor.
7. There's a distinct lack of love for The Doctor's bow-tie in this episode.
8. Poor Rory - he's variously referred to as "the gooseberry" and "pointy-nose".
9. Pints in the air: "There was an old Doctor from Gallifrey..."
10. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Well, in this case, the eye is in the mouth of the beholder!