Monday, April 19, 2010

John Barrowman Says No Torchwood Without Captain Jack

In an article published today on Airlock Alpha, John Barrowman has apparently said that nothing official has been revealed to him concerning the status of Torchwood as of yet. From his comments, however, it even seems unofficial that the series is USA bound.

However, Barrowman has made it very clear that there is no Torchwood without Captain Jack and that he is part of the talks that are currently in progress.

“I know that there are discussions happening right now with some American networks," he said. "That’s all I know. Julie Gardner and Russell T. Davies (the executive producers), have said there will be no ‘Torchwood’ without John Barrowman as Captain Jack. So I’ll be there and I’m just waiting to hear like everybody else."

“I know scripts are written. That’s all I know,” he said. “But I don’t know when. I don’t have an answer for you. I’m waiting to hear.

Asked whether moving across the pond would change the omnisexual status of his character, Barrowman offered this:

“If it was going to happen, there would be hopefully Russell writing it. There would be no change to Captain Jack. He would still be the same sexually charged character that he is, and it would pick up from where it left off." [Airlock Alpha]

It is still mind puzzling to me that following the immense success of Torchwood: Children of Earth there is still nothing clear as to the series' future.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for concrete, official news.

Thanks to Nancy for the heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment