Monday, March 29, 2010

Matt Smith Writing Doctor Who


Well not for the show really.

But the actor has revealed that during the six month preparation time he had before he got to play the Time Lord, Matt Smith took it upon himself to write Doctor Who stories in order to understand his character better.

Over at the Mirror, Smith, 27, said that:

"I wanted to feel like Doctor Who, understand where he'd come from. So I wrote stories of The Doctor and Einstein in Egypt which focused on their roles in the creation of the Pyramids. I had six months prep before we began filming so it gave me time to write quite a few stories."

Smith was also the creator of his own tweed jacket Doctor Costume and is hoping to add an overcoat in the future.

"Originally I was going to have a black leather coat or a blue swashbuckling coat and possibly a hat too but, somewhere along the line, the idea got dropped. I hope it's revived in time for series two."

We'll soon get to see Matt Smith's interpretation of the Time Lord this saturday at 6:20pm on BBC ONE and BBC HD and on April 17 in the US and Canada.

Thanks to Nancy for the heads up!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment