Monday, March 29, 2010

Matt Smith Talks About His Doctor


Over at Wales Online, there is an article where Matt Smith talks about his Doctor and what his version of the Time Lord is like:

I think my Doctor’s a bit more reckless. He’s a thrill seeker, addicted to time travel. He is the mad buffoon genius who saves the world because he’s got a great heart, spirit and soul, but he doesn’t suffer fools. I hope these things come across, but I think I’ve also injected a bit of my own personality into the role.

Smith also talks about the pressures of inheriting the role of a lifetime - he's the youngest actor ever to play the Doctor - and he says:

These things are as intimidating as you allow them to be. The more you do something the less daunting and intimidating it is. Plus, I couldn’t have inherited the role from a nicer man.

That nice man is the former Tenth Doctor himself - the most popular Time Lord ever - played by beloved Scottish actor David Tennant, who's Doctor regenerated at the end of the very emotional two-parter: The End of Time which aired last New Year's day.

Yes, Matt Smith does have big shoes to fill. However, from what I've seen and heard, I'm very confident he will manage it well.


No comments:

Post a Comment