Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Brent Spiner!

Turning 61 today is actor Brent Spiner who played the beloved android Data for many years on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I met Mr. Spiner briefly at the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas last August but I never got around to talk about it here until now.

He was an absolute angel, a lovely man who was really nice to me. He even remembered me from twitter to my utter embarassement!

He put up with all my fan nonsense even though his handlers wanted me to shoo me away because it was not a ''Meet and Greet'' in their words (thank you for treating the fans like this Creation) but Mr. Spiner signalled me to come over so I could talk to him when he saw me just hovering there waiting to say something.

Later, when I went to have my picture taken with him, he was again quite lovely and really really nice and he remembered my name, which, by the way, he said really well (it's french). I have to say, this is one of the fondest memories I have from the convention.

So I raise my glass to you and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment