Monday, January 25, 2010

Billie Piper on David Tennant and Matt Smith Doctor Who

In a recent interview about her current show Secret Diary of a Call Girl Billie Piper, who played companion Rose Tyler on Doctor Who, talked about how she felt about David Tennant's departure.

Yes, I hate it that he's left! But then I know Matt Smith really well and I love him and I think he's such a brilliant actor. The role couldn't have gone to a better guy. He's capable of that. He's got big shoes to fill, but I'm certain he can do it.

She also talked about whether there was the possiblity of Rose returning once again to Doctor Who

I think it's done now, isn't it? I think that ship has sailed. That old, wooden ship! I really loved doing it, but Doctor Who has moved on - it's different people, different crew, different production team and I can't keep going back. It's ridiculous! It's time to move on...
Although Piper doesn't seem to think there's anymore to say about Rose, I don't think it's impossible. We still have the Meta-Crisis Doctor running around with her in the parallel world. I certainly can see a story where a future Doctor will get to cross paths with his human Tenth incarnation.

Please do go here to read the rest of this excellent interview.

Do you think that Rose should ever come back to Doctor Who?

No comments:

Post a Comment