Friday, August 28, 2009

Hear the Eleventh Doctor Speak!

Well, this is one fantastic piece of news! We get to hear Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor speak for the first time!

It was recorded today (august 28th), in Jacobs Antiques Center in Cardiff, by alun.vega who says ''

''I wasn't bugging them! I was simply standing in the stairwell above where they were recording. There is a open (caged) lift shaft - seen in Love & Monsters - and the sound carried upwards when the actors shouted, as Matt did here.''

On the recording, the Doctor says:

''I send you back into the void. I saved the whole of reality from you. I am the Doctor, and you are the DALEKS''

You can hear the fantastic recording HERE!

I had to listen to it a few times. I find the way he calls the Daleks a bit weird, like he's saying Da -aah -leks. Perhaps this scene was re-shot a few times, and I suppose it needs to be heard and seen in context to make sense of the way he says the word.

In further news, it seems that Winston Churchill may finally make his appearance (it's been talked about for ages, and I know that the book writers were forbidden to use the character, meaning the show had plans to use Churchill) in the WWII-Daleks episode. Life, Doctor Who and Combom has received a scoop from both alun.vega and Scooty. Go here for the story. Remember, nothing is confirmed yet!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an argumentative Troughton, and also as if correcting or intructing someone (or the Dalek) on how to pronounce the word. Perhaps plot is about a Dalek that's suffered memory loss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting theory. When I first heard the recording, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. But the whole thing is certainly spiking my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete