Thursday, July 9, 2009

Star Trek Vegas Convention News

In order keep you all updated on the Star Trek convention (less than 4 weeks to go!), I wanted to let you know about some of the specific events that I will be attending (for the complete details of the convention that I refer to in this post go here) and that I will be reporting on.

On Thursday night, the Gold Weekend Patrons Dinner and Party will take place at the indoor observation area of the Stratosphere Hotel, 100 stories up in the air. There will be unlimited access to the thrill rides, a delicious dinner, as well as a glass of champagne. The party will start at 8h30pm with no ending time listed.

This is Creation Entertainment’s description :

''Get ready for a party like none other ever held! We're taking over the sensational STRATOSPHERE Hotel's indoor observation area (hovering over 100 floors above the city of Las Vegas) for rocking, celebratory evenings of delicious food, heart-pounding thrill rides, Star Trek celebrity entertainment and music, and fellow fans from around the galaxy.''

''Rocket up over 100 floors above Vegas and dine at The Captain Kirk Carving Stations featuring Tri Tip Beef served with caramelized onions, Ancho Chili rubbed Roasted Turkey Breast served with Wasabi Sour Cream and Assorted Starfleet Condiments. Enjoy The Voyager Lettuce Wrap Station featuring Garlic Chicken Wrap and Rock Shrimp with sesame ginger and Ferengi Fortune Cookies. Stop by the Caesar Salad Station with server, have some Tomato Basil Soup Sky Shooters, served with Mini-Grilled Cheese Sandwiches or check out The Vulcan Tapas Station featuring Grilled Vegetable, Bruschetta, and assorted dips and artisan breads. Splurge at the Counselor Troi Enterprise Chocolate Fountain served with Fresh Strawberries, Melon, Pineapple, Marshmellows, assorted cheesecake lollypops and miniature Milky Ways. (Food served until 10:30PM). Starbucks Station will be opened serving coffee.

A themed Ice Carving will greet our attendees in the Tower Entrance on Floor 108 and party-goers will be welcomed with a free glass of champagne (cash bars will service our party as well) ! Our party has exclusive use of the Indoor Deck 108 with complimentary access to to the outdoor decks including UNLIMITED THRILL RIDES!''


On Friday (time to be determined) I will attend the hilarious play titled ''House Call,'' in which the wonderful Robert Picardo and the equally superb Ethan Phillips will reprise their Voyager roles of the Doctor and Neelix. I believe I will be in for a real treat and I’m particularily looking forward to this event.

Saturday morning will begin with the Voyager breakfast, attended by Robert Beltran, Roxann Dawson, Robert Picardo and Ethan Phillips. Then the evening will usher in the Star Trek Gala Celebration - which looks to be utterly fantastic, followed by a dessert party and a centerpiece competition. This last one has me quite intrigued.

Finally, on Sunday, I will participate in a Meet and Greet with Zachary Quinto. The event will last approximately one hour, with Mr. Quinto and nine lucky people (myself included) whisked away to a secret location. Though it will be forbidden to take pictures and to ask for autographs (worry not! I have already booked my autograph and photo-ops session with him) I will be sure to tell you about this special moment.

Do keep in mind that I will also attend panels throughout the convention's run and as I continue to plan my attendance, I will keep you posted on further developments.

1 comment:

  1. Eek!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

    ReplyDelete